|Street||9224 State Rt 414|
Seeking an equipment operator for the vineyards of Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars in the beautiful Finger Lakes wine region of New York State. Since 1990, Lamoreaux Landing has been a leader in the production of food-friendly cool-climate wines from 100% estate grown fruit.
This critical position reports directly to the vineyard manager and is responsible for the efficient operation of all vineyard equipment including, but not limited to, the safe operation of all tractors, implements and hand tools required in the performance of tasks set out by the vineyard manager. The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of mechanical equipment, a strong work ethic and understand the importance of safety, teamwork and respect.
- Solid understanding of vineyard operations and associated operation of vineyard and agricultural equipment: These tasks include, but are not limited to pruning, canopy management, pest and disease management, harvesting grapes, clean up, etc.
- Responsible for the operation of various farm equipment which includes tractors and other heavy agriculture machinery.
- Understands and complies with all safety procedures and rules for equipment operators, including training and PPE.
- Uses proper equipment, gear selection, RPM and speed for specific tasks.
- Monitors and maintains equipment calibrations and adjustments with guidance from vineyard manager.
- Performs daily inspections and routine maintenance, including, but not limited to: fuel, fluids levels, lubrication, tire pressure, lug nuts, safety guards, seat belts, three-point linkage, draw bar, lights and gauges.
- Prepares soil in fields by mowing, discing, grading, shifting dirt.
- Navigates proficiently in and out of the vine rows smoothly and safely while stopping and starting attached equipment.
- Daily reporting to vineyard manager on all problems and recommended solutions.
- Properly uses all of the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for specific tasks (i.e. hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, safety boots, chemical aprons, safety glasses, etc.)
- Assists in loading of equipment and grapes for road transport.
- Pesticide mixing, loading and application with completed training.
- Fertilizer mixing, loading and application with completed training.
- Fork-lift operation with completed training.
- Other machinery as required through appropriate training.
- Capable of participating in field crew work in a cooperative and productive manner.
- Maintains equipment use and spray records.
- Current valid NY driver’s License
- Knowledge of vineyards and vineyard equipment or agricultural crops is a plus but not required
- Harvest season experience operating various types of tractors and mechanical farm equipment safely and effectively, preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry moderately weighted objects.
Standard work schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30pm. Candidate must be flexible with their schedule to support other operations as needed, especially during harvest.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Many benefits, including company provided health insurance plan and retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Email resume to email@example.com