|Street||623 Lerch Road|
Three Brothers Winery & Estates is seeking a Vineyard Manager. The Vineyard Manager works directly with the Production Manager to farm our estate fruit. We are home to many unique varietals in the region including Barbera, Zweigelt, and Gruner Veltliner alongside regional staples like Riesling, Gewurztraminer, and Cabernet Franc. The candidate should be a highly motivated individual looking to dedicate time and attention to farming premium wine grapes.
The ideal candidate will have completed a minimum of 2 years in an accredited viticulture program and have a minimum of 3 years of experience farming vinifera grapes. The following qualifications and skills are also preferred:
- A current and valid NYS Pesticides applicators license.
- Experience operating and maintaining vineyard equipment – tractors, sprayers, brush hogs, brush choppers, fertilizer spreaders, hedgers, hill up/down equipment, and lawnmowers.
- Knowledge of balance pruning Vinifera in a VSP trellis system.
- Experience in making accurate harvest estimates.
- Knowledge of plant disease and ability to identify those that impact growing wine grapes.
- Knowledge of and ability to identify insects that impact growing wine grapes.
- Knowledge of plant nutritional requirements that impact growing wine grapes.
- Knowledge of soil science and its impact on growing wine grapes.
- Knowledge of weed identification that impacts a vineyard.
- Experience maintaining a VSP trellis system.
- Proficient with Excel and entering data into a spreadsheet.
- Capable of working long hours when needed. Starting early AM and possibly working into the late evening when the job requires it and weather permits.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs
Salary commensurate with experience.
Paid time off.
Health insurance in which the employer pays 50% of the premium.
Dental insurance available
401K with 4% match