- Region: Finger Lakes
- State: New York
- Country: United States
- Listed: April 27, 2021 10:03 am
- Expires: 12 days, 18 hours
The Cider maker, independently and as part of a team, supervises all cidery, lab, and production operation activities including harvest, blending, kegging/bottling, and forecasting functions to ensure that all operations are performed in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner consistent with established cider making procedures.
You will oversee cider production for LD and continue to make popular products adhering somewhat to proven recipes while using your creative freedom to create your own signature products for tap room.
– Lead cellar operations from harvest to kegging/bottling
– Supervise cellar to maintain cider making procedures and quality standards.
– Fermentation monitoring, daily schedule/#s record (starting brix, flavor/aromatic description, then record of change each 1-2 days through fermentation until below 0 degrees brix) Racking and sulfiting immediately upon fermentation finishing (and recording sulfite and racking!) Securing lees from wineries/dropping off buckets for winemaker’s to collect lees to then be added to our cider
– Maintains cider making database, record keeping, and inventory. (Manage workflows, activity tracking and data entry, including cost and inventory).
– Initiate and oversee recurring topping, analysis, barrel maintenance and equipment service protocols and schedules.
– Monitor cellar inventory for tank toppings, SO2 additions and other maintenance operations.
– Ensure that cidery equipment, tanks, floors, and buildings are kept clean, sanitary, and orderly.
– Participate in orchard monitoring and grower relations activities in coordination with planning for upcoming harvests and securing apples for cider production.
– Participate in Lake Drum and strategic planning meetings.
– Participate in a range of in-house and external LD events as needed (Mug Club events, off site tastings, social media updates).
-Create tasting notes and descriptions
– Create budget for each year: cans, bottles, apples/juice, equipment needs or repairs, personal project budget/needs including supplies used from LD
-Schedule for releases in tap room/keg needs/keg inventory
-bring kegs to tap room/ensure enough kegs are in cooler for bartenders
-work at least one shift in the tap room to understand customer perception and feedback and be the face of cider production behind the bar.
-hooking and unhooking trailer
– picking up apples from growers, securing bins with straps, distributing weight correctly on trailer to avoid accidents, making multiple trips if max weight for trailer/ truck hauling trailer has been reached (correctly estimating weight of apples and/or juice to ensure you are not over weight limit.
-dropping off empty cubes and trailer to cider press so that they can be filled with juice and picked up when ready
-Determining quantity needed for each vintage based on previous vintage’s sales and remaining cellar inventory.
– Start bottling/canning for LD (run mobile canning unit)
-Assist with label approval process/continuing to ensure all products are correctly label and legal to be selling as well as stored or cellared with proper labelling requirements as set forth by TTB/SLA/FDA
-wholesaling (selling cider/beer/personal products (25% commission on sales)
-sour beer for tap room and bottling of sours
– Ability to use our licensed premise for your own production of cider/wine/beer/mead
– Ability to use our equipment and current and future tank space as it is available
– Ability to use truck
– 401K establishment with matching payments to be made by LD (at a rate of 4% the max allowed by an employer)
20-30 hours per week more or less and flexible depending on your schedule (except during harvest)
Contact email@example.com to apply.
398 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Overall
- Winery Tasting Room & Operations Manager $20 per hour (25062 views)
- Willmes UP 5000 liter grape press (14383 views)
- Assistant winemaker/ lab technician (7054 views)
- Seeking FLX Grapes for 2021 Harvest (1011 views)
- Vineyard Worker/Supervisor/Manager (703 views)
- Cider Maker (398 views)
- Tasting Room Team Member (173 views)
- 2019 Pinot Noir (170 views)
- Vineyard Supervisor (156 views)
- 2015 Durand Wayland Sprayer (152 views)