$18.00 per hour
|Street||2981 Auburn Rd|
Purpose of the Job
The Cellar Assistant assists with the winemaking activities as needed; but not limited to all bulk processing and bottling, cleaning of tanks, floors, hoses, and equipment as well as making additions to tanks and performing filtrations.
Essential Job Functions
Duties: Performs general cellar duties including but not limited to:
• Assists the winemaking team in daily activities by completing detailed work orders
• Works on the bottling line in an operating and quality assurance capacity
• Performs winemaking tasks according to standard operating procedures with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances wine quality
• Follows work orders accurately
• Maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation of winery equipment, vessels, and facility
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree, or relevant experience
• Enjoyment of physical work, detailed work
• Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time
• Willing to work alone, or as part of a team
• Aptitude to operate all equipment associated with the production of wine
Certificates and licenses:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Forklift certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); works in high, precarious places, and risks electric shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position requires you to be available days, nights, and weekends, and flexible during harvest (extended hours when needed)
mtzwineryListing Owner Member Since: June 13, 2016
Complete the form below to send a message to this owner.
- 2981 Auburn Rd Seneca Falls New York 13148