|Street||4184 New York Highway 14|
2022 Harvest Intern
4184 State Route 14
Rock Stream, NY 14878
P: 607 243 4008
Who to Contact?
Marc Peterson, Head Winemaker
C: 518 354 1079
Pay: $13.50/hour. 100-120 total hours.
Barnstormer Winery is looking for a harvest intern for the coming 2022 vintage. We will likely begin late-September and end early November. Total number of hours will fall between 100 and 120 in total. Intern must have reliable transportation and be flexible with availability throughout the days & weeks of harvest due to the nature of our ever changing climate!
- Barnstormer Winery produces a variety of dry to off dry wines using 100% Finger Lakes grapes. We produce around 15 different wines on-site with a heavy focus on Riesling and red wines.
- Sorting of hand-picked fruit.
- Working the crusher destemmer unit.
- Running the grape press and keeping track of press cycles.
- Checking fermentations.
- Some record keeping of cellar work.
- Cleaning of the press, tanks, wine hoses, lugs, etc.
- More cleaning.
- Visiting vineyards to check on ripeness of the grapes.
- Working with other winemakers who collaborate on various projects with us here at Barnstormer.
- Operating the forklift if trained.
- Work with a great staff dedicated to making quality Finger Lakes wines.
- Must have a good attitude and work ethic.
- Must be able to lift over 40 pounds of weight.
Please contact Marc Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!